We had ridden our ebikes around town enough to get used to them. It was time to get out on some trails. We needed a way to carry both ebikes with our SUV or RV. After a lot of research, we decided to buy the Hollywood Sport Rider eBike Rack.
Why We Chose the Hollywood Sport Rider eBike Rack
With dozens of bike racks for sale, we decided on 10 things we had to have in our bike rack.
- Able to carry 2 e bikes
- Sturdy construction
- Rated to carry at least 130 lbs
- Rated for both an SUV and RV
- Tilt function when in use
- Easy to attach to a vehicle with 2″ receiver
- A receiver lock
- Easy to load
- Lock to the e bikes
- Good price
The Hollywood Sport Rider eBike Rack met 9 out of 10 criteria.
- This bike rack could carry two e bike.
- When compared to other racks, it was very well built. It had good ratings.
- Our bikes weight 65 lbs. each. The Hollywood Sport Rider rack can carry up to 150 lbs.
- Racks are rated for different vehicles because of road vibration. This rack was rate for both ours.
- The rack had a tilt function.
- One person can easily attach the rack to either of our vehicle receivers.
- The receiver had a keyed lock.
- One person can load the bikes on the rack. We usually do it together.
- The rack locks to the bikes with the same key as the receiver lock.
- The price was higher than we wanted to pay. In the end, we felt this e bike rack was worth it.
The Unboxing Adventure Begins
We finally received a large box which we knew contained our Hollywood Sport Rider eBike Rack. This senior adventure was about to begin. We weren’t sure how difficult putting the rack together would be so we were anxious to see the parts in the box. Most of the parts were in small, individual boxes. The center post was the first thing we saw. It had a hook latch and two holders for the base of the rack.
Next, we found the stabilizing hooks that attach to the center post holding the bikes in place. They are meant to slide up and down the center post locking the bike to the rack and holding it steady during travel.
We found the “goesinta” for the receiver on either our SUV or our RV. It had a bolt lock and a tighten screw to reduce vibration and to secure it to the vehicle.
We had fun opening each little box. It was a little adventure. With each part, we got a more clear idea of how the whole bike rack would fit together. Our next senior adventure will be the assembly of the Hollywood Sport Rider eBike Rack.
We were happy to share this little senior adventure with you. Click here to let us know your thoughts on the adventure.